Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 14-18, 2009

last week my mom and sisters came to visit us. it was so fun!! i loved having them here!! our visit was way too short and went by way too fast! we can't wait till they come back again!!

i know these pictures aren't too good. i couldn't get ryan to smile! i'll work on getting better pictures but these will have to do for now. ryan is max king of all wild things and ryder is a wild thing. my grandma h. made both costumes...they are adorable!!!
i couldn't have asked for anything better!
(and they fit perfectly)
my dad sent ryan a wild things cube puzzle
and the book that goes to the movie.
he wants to do the puzzle all day long!
we are going to go see the movie this weekend,
ryan is excited!
thanks grandpa h. for the wild things treats!
after watching general conference this year i decided that it was more than past time to start "reading" the scriptures with ryan. he has a book of pictures so we started telling him about one new picture every night (and we review everything we have read in past nights). you wouldn't think that a two year old could remember so much. his memory is incredible! he is remembering almost every picture with details too. i should have started this a long time ago! his favorite picture is when the angel comes to save Nephi from being beaten by this brother... we say "what does the angel say" and he says "be nice to your brothers".
last sunday tyler and i started "having a difference" and ryan said to me "mom be nice to your dad".
i think he is getting the point... at least i hope!
matching pj's from grandma h.
(can you believe how huge ryder is?)
i love matching pj's!
aunt heather and aunt cass... we love you so much!!
mom i think that this is the only picture of all of us...we'll have to better next time!
we also went to the asu game. it was very hot (98 degrees ) and of course our tickets were at the top of the stadium. ryan was so excited and was yelling "go sun devils"...then the fire works went off and he was scared to death the rest of the time we were there! maybe next time we'll leave them at home!


on a side note my mom bought me the cutest shoes EVER!!
i love them!
thank you mom

4 comments:

Whitney and Chris said...

Oh my gosh!!! Those costumes are ADORABLE! Your grandma is amazing! I honestly think those are the cutest costumes I have ever seen! No to mention the fact that your boys are completely adorable all on their own! I'm so glad that the girls came to visit. Your family is so great! I love the jams (D has the same ones!), the shoes are SO cute, and the new family pic is darling! This post is just full of cuteness! Way to go!

Can't wait to see you all in November!

** Oh and I did end up buying the pattern for that quiet book. Now that I've made it, I know I could have done it without the pattern, but for the first try, it was good to have instructions! I also bought the Nativity one. It's darling. If you want copies of either, let me know and I'll bring them with me when I come.

kat said...

Costumes are cute. I don't think I've seen Cassie since she was a baby. It was weird to see her as a little girl.

I think you have already had more visitors in AZ after living there for a few months than we have had in MN for a year. It makes me miss being closer to home. But I'm happy for you guys:)

The Jones Family said...

I love those costumes, they are darling! Your boys are the cutest. I also LOVE your new shoes!!

Madsen Updates said...

those are the cutest costumes and kids ever!!!! I love them...and the cute shoes...and the scripture picture book. I want to start doing that...where did you get the picture book? did you make it?