Thursday, October 8, 2009

Today is Special to me...

October 8th
This is my adorable Grandma Gifford. She would have been 75 today. She passed away in 1988 when I was just 5 years old. I only have a few memories of her. Recently I started reading her history book that my Grandpa put together years ago. I have read parts of it here and there but haven't read the entire thing until now. There is something so wonderful about looking to the past. I am so grateful that I have this history of her. I truly feel like I know her because of this book and because my Grandpa never misses an opportunity to talk about her. I hope to grow up to be just like her. She loved babies, she loved families, and most importantly she loved the Lord! I am so thankful that families can be Together Forever! Also on this day 5 years ago I went to the temple to take out my own endowment. As my sweet mom and I were in the brides room we both could feel the presence of my Grandma, I know she was there. I also know that she was there when each of my sons were born... she never would have missed it!

5 comments:

jaesi said...

How wonderful. Thank you for sharing this.
What a fun lady she looked/looks like.

Heather Hutchinson said...

My goodness...Thanks for being so sweet Kris! Mom and I were just looking at something on the computer and clicked on your blog and now we're in tears! She really was the most wonderful person and I am so excited to see her again! LOVE YOU KRISSY!!!

Nate Hutchinson said...

She was the kindest lady that ever walked the earth. Kristen I tip my hat to you for this post.

Love you guys. Tell Ryan thanks for calling me back the other day. I had a dream last night that he started to fall in the pool and I dove and caught him without he even getting wet. It was impressive.

JeNee said...

Dearest Krissy,
Thanks for always being so thoughtful! You are more like my mom every day! Thanks for remembering! Knowing her, I'm sure she stops in to see you and the boys regularly! She would just have to! Sweet!

trevorandsarahtaylor said...

I love this post! I can't wait to see Grandma again!