Wednesday, August 25, 2010

samuel grant

sam and ryan wade
walking home from church
a long, long time ago

and now i really can't believe that he is old enough to go on a mission.
i also can't believe how emotional i have been.

i thought to myself that it wouldn't be that hard not having him around. 
i have after all, not been living at home since he was 11.
but saying good bye was hard and every time i think about him,
i start crying.
he really does have a special place in my heart.
and i am so happy with his choices and the example he is setting for my boys.
lately we have been celebrating sam...
going through the temple.
his farewell.
his birthday.
also i made a quilt for him.
 and he entered the mtc...today.

this is the little invite that i made to send to our family.

after the temple
(emily, tyler and i were there too , but left to go get our kids)

the quilt
i started to cry while taking pictures with sam and the quilt.
i am one emotional girl.

i said goodbye on monday right before the boys and i headed back to phoenix


love you little brother!

3 comments:

Madsen Updates said...

Sad...I almost started crying just reading about it!
Jake's brother comes home in a little over 2 weeks and it has flown by. Before you know it he'll be home.
I say that...but I am SO dreading the day my boys have to go on missions...They better go...but I will worry my little heart out when they do!

Heather Hutchinson said...

Goodness! make me cry all over again! He is such a sweet boy and you are an amazing sister to make him quilts and such! We wish you could've been at the MTC with us! Make sure you call Mom LOTS today. LOVE YOU!

JeNee said...

Sweetest sister ever! The quilt is amazing! I think there is a very small percentage of sisters in the world or ever on the planet that have done such amazing things for their brothers! Sam and Nate are very blessed! Thanks for coming down to earth first! I'm so thankful for you and your kind and generous heart!