Monday, November 15, 2010

Traveling

{October 29, 2010}
The boys and I drove to Utah to see Brooke have her Baby and for Halloween.
The boys were so good in the car!
I put movies on for them and I listened to my ipod.
We did have a little hold up in Flagstaff.
I got pulled over for speeding...
the cop told me that my registration was suspended.
He took my license plate off of my car.
He was so rude!!!
I told him "thanks for helping me out today with my two kids in the car driving for 8 hours.
He said "don't blame me for your irresponsibility.
I told him I had mailed in my proof in insurance months ago...
he didn't care.
I said "so I can't drive my car anymore?"
He said "you can, but you might get more tickets".
He told me I could go to the dmv in Flagstaff to get everything taken care.
We went to the DMV and had to wait in line forever.
The DMV got my insurance papers months and didn't take the hold off of our registration.
NICE.
Almost 2 hours later we were back on the road.
I was MAD!!!
I will be filing a complaint on that officer.
Why didn't he give me a warning?
I had never been pulled over for this before.
***
On the way back home we had more trouble in Flagstaff.
 Ryan had to pee. 
 I pulled off the next spot I could.
There was a  guy outside this old brown building...
he told me that they were closed.
I asked  "can my little boy go pee in the bushes"?
He started yelling at me that he doesn't come piss on my property so I couldn't on his.
I was shocked, and a little scared.
So I hurry and leave and drive over a railroad tie that I didn't see.
Then the man starts chasing after me.
I was scared to death.
We got out of there as fast as we could.
I am sure Flagstaff is like Hell!
Needless to say I won't be going through Flagstaff anymore.
***
While I was driving I also noticed that one of the prongs on my wedding ring was not even touching the diamond.
Odds of that?
***
The boys were getting a little restless by the time we crossed over the Colorado River.
I decided to stop and let the boys run around.
Don't mind there sweats and messy hair.
8 hours in the car is a long time.



 I wanted to remember what I see when we drive to Utah...
my cute boys in the rear view mirror!

(I made this Halloween costume for Taycee.
She was Pebbles Flintstone. 
 My favorite part was the little bone clip!)

2 comments:

Heather Hutchinson said...

Lets hope your trip on Saturday goes SO much better! I am sorry you had a rough time too! Also, I love that pic of the boys in your rear view mirror. Sure miss you. See you in ONE WEEK!

Kiley said...

That is horrible!!! I'm so sorry! next time drive through vegas and stop at my house to let your boys pee! in our toilet or in our bushes, we won't care!