Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ryan's Birthday

{4}
Last night we had a little BBQ with some friends from school.
Some how I only ended up with pictures of Ryan.
He loves birthdays and blowing out candles...
if you couldn't tell.



We started Ryan's birthday off with him crawling into bed with us at 3:30 in the morning.  I should have fought him but instead I went and slept in his bed.  Tyler woke me up when Ryan was awake.
While the boys got ready for the day I wrapped a present for Ryan to open before Tyler went to school.
Ryan also opened a present from Grandpa and Grandma O...
CLEATS!
He was SO excited and insisted on wearing them for the day.
He tells us that his cleats make him run faster!
Ty and I gave him a new shirt to wear today which he wasn't too excited about, but hey he looked cute!
Then it wasn't even 8:00 and he was dressed and ready to go
(which never happens)
and he asked us
"where am I going?".
Well, sorry bud you are staying home with mom for 4 more hours before school starts.
I think that was a let down.
And to make matters worse, the only thing he wanted for breakfast was the one thing I didn't have.
POPTARTS.
So we headed down to the grocery store for poptarts and skittles.
We also spent one whole dollar on three little bouncy balls. 
We made cupcakes for him to take to school 
and we also went to McDonalds for lunch.
I made Ryan wait for Tyler to come home so he could open the rest of his presents.
We had him close his eyes so we could give him the bat that Grandpa O. sent for his birthday.
He was so excited, so we headed to the park to play some t-ball.
The boys had a blast playing with dad!
Ryder thinks he is just as big as Ryan.
1 going on 4.



Alli came over and brought Ryan the biggest balloons you have ever seen.
Ryan loved these too!
Ryan requested Pizza Planet so 
we went to Peter Piper Pizza for dinner.
The boys were way too busy to even look at the camera.




After a very eventful day, Ryan was exhausted!
We put him in bed and I couldn't resist taking one more picture of my little boy.
He is not a toddler anymore he is a big kid.
And it makes me cry just thinking about it!
Love you RY!

3 comments:

Melenie said...

He is such a cutie, it's fun to read all about him. I love those pouting pictures.

Heather Hutchinson said...

SO FUN!!! He is a big kid now and i teared up too! It's so crazy how fast time flies! Thanks for posting those tonight. Even though you've all ready done so much to celebrate, the "main event" hasn't even happened yet! HA...you are seriously the most amazing Mom I know!!! Happy Birthday, Ry!!! AND...THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY EVEN BETTER (if that was even possible!) LOVE YOU!

JeNee said...

Oh our adorable RYAN!!! We LOVED getting to celebrate with you, watch you blow out candles, eat cupcakes, go to the zoo, slip and slide in the back yard and sing you songs and rub your back! I love coming to Arizona! I love when you come to Utah! Please come for lots of weeks in the summer! Love, Grandma Jan ; )