Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Traveling...

Ryan being fabulous!

Traveling with two kids can be challenging! 16 hours in the car is a very long time. Ryan has been good as gold ever since we put a TV in the Jeep (thank you Allan Monk). We don't know what we would do with out it. Ryder has been a little champ. He was very good on the way there and on the way home, he only got a little restless the last hour coming and going,
but I can't complain!
We were just outside of Flagstaff when I could smell him!
Since we were close I thought he can wait...

BAD NEWS
we stopped only to find poop everywhere!!!
(I had him sit in the bumbo while I took the car seat apart, then I put him on the pack and play mat while I cleaned him up)
There was poop all down his legs and feet...
then he played with his toes...
then it ended up on his cute little face...
and I am sure that he ate some because when we stopped
he was sucking on his fingers like he always does....
GROSS
and I hope that he doesn't get sick!
After baths and soaking everything in oxi clean for a day...
both the kid and the car seat are good as new!
Sorry Ryder!

(i don't like blogging about poop but this was a bad one)

3 comments:

The Whipples said...

That happened to us TWICE last weekend. One was on the way to church in her new Sunday dress. Mommy was was not happy about that!!!!

kat said...

Oh I'm sorry. These are the kinds of things that I have to block out of my mind when I think about having a kid. That and the fact that I'm probably not going to be getting much sleep!

Your trip to St. George looks like it was a lot of fun! I wish I was close enough to make a long weekend road trip home!

Unknown said...

Oh no! That is so sa but funny at the same time. Ryder will LOVE hearing these stories when he grows up. My parents still get a kick out of telling every one about my little accident at the neighborhood deli. And you guys even have pictures to prove it! :)