Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ryan is 3!

we have been planning a "wild things" party for awhile now.
if you asked ryan what he wanted for his birthday we would say 
"a wild things cake" (in a scary voice)
he woke up yesterday and told me that we needed to go the mall and buy a max and carol.
well good thing i had already found them.
i ordered them from urban and i thought they would be about 6 inches tall.
i was extremely pleased when they came and they are HUGE!
so i let him open a present even though dad wasn't home.
he loves max and carol and has carried them around all day.


we of course went to mcdonalds for lunch.
ryan's choice.
tyler's aunt chrissy gave ryan this adorable tent.
we set it up and he absolutely loves it!

aunt heather sent ryan a package in the mail...
and made all of the cutest party hats you've ever seen.



the invite
we spent the rest of the afternoon getting ready for his party. 

the decorations
(the sign says "let the wild rumpus start")

the cake
it turned out a little better than i thought it would.
especially because it was my first cake.
{but i have been practicing}

the guests
i didn't get pictures of everyone.
but we are so thankful that so many people came...
grandma and grandpa h. and cass
alli, marlee, ridge, and ryan
scott, nat and taycee
luke and julia
darren, alyne, courtney and alexa.

the presents
ryan was truly spoiled!!
he got a pool from grandma and papa h.
{my dad almost passed out blowing it up today }
he also got toy story 1 from grandma and papa o.
{we have already watched it 2 or more times today }

and his FAVORITE part ever was 
blowing out the candles!

and then some of the kids slept in a "big pile"
or really they just wrestled.

ryder had a great time playing with his girlfriend taycee.

after the party

6 comments:

Heather Hutch said...

YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE! Seriously, I am speechless!! I was just telling my roommates that I will NEVER be as good a mother as you! WOW!! The cake, the cupcakes, the banner, the vinyl on the table, the 'max' shirt, the pic of ryan in his outfit, GOOD GOSH! I am so impressed, but totally not surprised! Can't wait to see those boys in less than a week! Also, your hair looks gorgeous (I am liking your new colorist) AND I laughed real hard imagining Dad trying to blow up that pool. HA,

SarahC said...

Ditto to pretty much everything that Heather said above! Man what a party! Happy birthday Ryan!

Jim said...

Ok... WOW! I am sooo sorry I missed the party! You realize that you have started something. Now your kids are going to expect that every birthday! So are mine! Thanks! I guess I will have to hire you for my Ryan's in July! :o)

You did an amazing job! Absolutely adorable!

Tammy K said...

nice work! It looked like a very fun party!

Jessica Wille said...

Wow, that party looks amazing!! Happy Birthday to Ryan!

Have fun in Mexico! I'm not certified to dive. I was just going to do an introductory dive to see if I liked it. I'm excited to see how your trip goes! Have tons of fun , and best of luck with your diving:)

Frei Family said...

Cute party!! i LOVE the cake!! Oh and i love your shirt too!! What a cute theme!!